Join us, November 10th for Light Up Bklyn.
We’re really excited. This is going to be a truly awesome party and it’s all because of the amazingly talented people we are working with throughout the night. Check out all of our fabulous partners below and all of the great things they’re creating for you.
At Light Up Bklyn light installations and sculptures by DADDY and Markus Bradley will fill the room. Gisel Florez & 369 Studios will shoot you in their light painting photobooth. Complimentary cocktails from Brooklyn Gin & Famous Grouse Whiskey will be served alongside Tiger Beer. Fatty Cue, Cafe Ghia and Skytown BK will be serving small plates of deiciousness. Audio/Assassn will be spinning for us throughout the night.
Google New York, our presenting sponsor, has added an additional bonus to the event giving our audience a chance to win dinner and a movie for two at Nighthawk Cinema, a dual membership to Brooklyn Museum or a Chromebook. Yes, for free. Go start reviewing your favorite (and not so favorite) restaurants and venues. Then, follow the rules below to WIN!
We’re currently sold out of (free!) tickets, but will be releasing a final batch on November 9th, the day before the event, on our Eventbrite invite.
Now, check out our poster. Hope to see you there!
LIGHT UP BKLYN | Google New York + Join Bklyn Contest Guidelines*WIN* dinner & a movie for two at Nighthawk Cinema, a dual membership to Brooklyn Museum or a Chromebook!!
How to Enter the Google New York Light Up Bklyn Contest:
- Go to Google.com/Places and select “Start Rating” (you’ll need to create a Google account if you haven’t already).
- Fill out this form by 11:59 pm on Monday, November 8th: http://goo.gl/xRKWP
- Review as many New York City places (especially ones in Brooklyn!) as you like by 11:59 pm on Monday, November 8th. Each quality review you write will be judged as a new entry.
- We’ll go through all the reviews you write during the contest period and give them points. If you’re wondering what we’re looking for in a quality review, here are a few things to consider:
- Originality - how creative or original is your review style?
- Capturing the spirit of the place - how well do you describe the atmosphere of the place?
- Unique view points - do you bring unique or different view points?
- Writing style - how well written is your review?
- The three entrants with the highest number of points will win. The third highest scoring winner will receive: dinner and a movie for two at Nitehawk Cinema (Second Prize - $75 value). The second highest scoring winner will receive: a Dual Membership the Brooklyn Museum (First Prize - $85 value). The overall highest scoring winner will receive: one Samsung Chromebook (Grand Prize - $400 value).
- The winners will be notified via email Tuesday, November 9th.
- You must be 21 to enter. To read the official rules, click here.
Find out what Google Places will be up to next, follow @GoogleNYC on Twitter and on Facebook!